Cnoc Mhuire is a Voluntary Catholic Secondary School under the Trusteeship of CEIST.We are committed to creating a learning environment which is Christian in outlook and which emphasises the holistic development of our pupils. We respect the dignity of each person with his/her unique background, ability, tradition and beliefs, giving particular attention to the disadvantaged.
We, as a staff, in collaboration with parents, try to communicate and foster values which will help young people to mature as Christian adults and develop a sense of responsibility towards church, society and the environment.
At Cnoc Mhuire, therefore, we aim to:
- Provide a secure and disciplined atmosphere in which pupils can mature through positive affirmation to develop self confidence and self discipline.
- Foster respectful attitudes and behaviour and promote a caring awareness of the environment.
- Enable pupils to achieve academic potential according to their academic abilities and aptitudes.
- Establish positive, co-operative relationships among pupils, parents and teachers.
- Guide pupils to use their time and talents in a way that develops their social formation and contributes to the good of others.
- Encourage pupils to be actively involved in the academic, prayer, recreational, civic and political life of the school and in the responsibilities entrusted to them.
- Be proactive in the use of technology and progressive in modernising our teaching programmes.