Presence in School
- Pupils are expected to be in school at least five minutes before 9am. Pupils are not free to leave the school grounds without authorised permission during the school day. The school day is from 9.00 a.m. until 4.00 p.m Mon- Thurs and 9.00 am to 1.15pm on Friday.
- All notes from parents requesting permission for leave of absence from school should be left in the box provided at the secretary’s office before class begins in the morning or given directly to the relevant year-head. These can be found in the students’ school diary
- When a pupil is absent for any reason he/she must present an ‘absence note’ to his/her Year Head. This should be signed by the parent/guardian and should outline the reason for the absence.
- Pupils with 20 days absences are reported to Tusla in accordance with the legal obligation to do this.
- Pupils are not allowed to make phone calls or receive phone calls during school hours without permission. Office phone should be used is a pupil wishes to contact home.
- The school will not accept responsibility for students who leave the school without permission during regular school hours.
Students who have Full Attendance (i.e do not miss a school day are rewarded with a Certificate of Attendance at their class awards ceremony. Excellence Attendance is awarded to students who have misses 3 days or less in a school year.
Leaving Certificates who have not missed a school day during their entire 5 or 6 years, receive the valued ‘Full Attendance’ Certificate at their graduation mass in May.