On April 9th, the Student Leaders’ Congress is taking place in the 3Arena on April 9th. This event is first and foremost an education day, where young people will leave with knowledge and skills that they will carry throughout their lives. It is held in conjunction with Cycle Against Suicide. Cnoc Mhuire is an ambassador school for CAS.
Please note the following:
– This event starts in the 3Arena, on Tuesday April 9th, at 10am sharp and will finish at 2.50pm
– Coach Park/Drop off is at Terminal 4 North, in Dublin Port
– Please see the attached map for walking from drop-off to the 3Arena.
– Part of the education proceedings being conducted by Prof. Fiona McNicholas involves a very short (five questions) interactive survey of the young people attending. To this end, we will forward to you next week, details of an App, requesting young people to download in advance of the event.
– We would like all young people attending this event to learn the song ‘This is me’ from The Greatest Showman:
– Our Student Ambassadors will dance to the song ‘Heroes’. All young people attending are welcome to learn this dance/song to do it on the day. Please see the attached video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRFTAaXAsFM&feature=Speakers and bands on the day include:
Prof. Fiona McNicholas and Associate Prof. Blanaid Gavin – The Mental Health Continuum
Dr. Bobby Smith – Addictions on the developing brain – ages 14 to 18.
Dr. Harry Barry – Social anxiety and social media
Robert Carley – Stigma and Resilience
John Doran – Resilience
Mark McCormack/Simon Ryan – Create the great in you.
Support Music Act
As a celebration of mental health this education day will be supported by the following music bands:
The Young Offenders
Wild Youth (Subject to availability)
Gavin James (Subject to availability)
This event is open to 5th yrs only. There will be one bus departing school at approx 8am. The subsidised cost is 15 euro